Steppenwolf - At Your Birthday Party - Original 1969 US Dunhill label 13-track LP - Die Cut Cover
|Title||At Your Birthday Party - Original 1969 US Dunhill label 13-track LP - Die Cut Cover|
|Record label||Dunhill Records/ ABC Records|
|Catalogue no||DSX 50053|
|Year of release||1969|
|Grading||VG++ (vinyl & labels)/VG++ (Cover)|
|Additional info||Scarce original 1969 US Dunhill/ABC label 13-track vinyl LP - Canadian-American rock quintets 5th album still embracing the psychedelia of their 1st two albums, but now with a definite hard rocking edge... featuring the singles/hits 'It's Never Too Late', "Jupiter's Child', and "Rock Me" which was featured in the 1968 film 'Candy'. |
Vinyl has the generic black company labels label with upper spectral boxed integrated Dunhill and ABC logos - silver center print, lower white rim print.
Vinyl has handetched matrix information:
Side 1: DS-50053A - 3 D Er DT
Side 2: DS-50053B - 2 D Er DT
Vinyl is housed in a generic era specific company add inner sleeve - ultimately in a sturdy, front die cut gatefold picture cover.
Condition: VG++ (Vinyl and Labels)/VG++ (Cover):
Vinyl is bright and shiny - has a touch of sleeve inflicted wear from being used directly from the paper inner sleeve a few times - nothing needle inflicted.
Labels are mint - vinyl overall graded near mint.
Picture cover is extremely nice - has a touch of rubbing along edges and back vinyl outline - seams and corners are almost mint - cover is overall graded near mint.
1. Don't Cry (Gabriel Mekler) 3:11
2. Chicken Wolf (John Kay, Michael Monarch) 2:58
3. Lovely Meter (Gabriel Mekler) 3:10
4. Round and Down (Michael Monarch) 3:19
5. It's Never Too Late (John Kay, Nick St. Nicholas) 4:07
6. Sleeping Dreaming (Nick St. Nicholas) 1:07
1. Jupiter's Child (Jerry Edmonton, John Kay, Michael Monarch) 3:28
2. She'll Be Better (Jerry Edmonton, Gabriel Mekler Mekler) 5:32
3. Cat Killer (John Goadsby) 1:37
4. Rock Me (John Kay) 3:45
5. God Fearing Man (Michael Monarch) 3:55
6. Mango Juice (Jerry Edmonton, Goadsby, Michael Monarch) 3:01
7. Happy Birthday (Gabriel Mekler) 2:16
Recorded October 1968 - February 1969at American Recording Co., Studio City, CA
John Kay - Lead Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica
Michael Monarch - Lead Guitar
Goldy McJohn - Organ, Piano
Nick St. Nicholas - Bass
Jerry Edmonton - Drums, Vocals
Gabriel Mekler - Production
Bill Cooper, Richard Podolor - Engineers
Dave Travis - Mastering Engineer
Gary Burden - cover design
Henry Diltz - photography
Sound Station© 1998 - 2014